This competition is promoted by DC Thomson Family History Limited (“we”, “us” or “our”), as owner and promoter of the Findmypast brand. We are a company registered in England (registration number 04369607) and our registered office is at The Glebe, 6 Chapel Place Rivington Street, London EC2A 3DQ.
- No purchase or payment is necessary. The competition starts from the announcement publication at 11:00 GMT on 28th December 2014. Participation in the competition is subject to our terms and conditions set out below.
- The closing date for the competition is 23:59 GMT on 11th January 2015
- Employees of DC Thomson Family History Limited and their affiliated agencies, their immediate families and those directly related to them are not eligible to enter.
- No responsibility is accepted for entries which, for any reason whatsoever, are not received.
- Prizes cannot be modified, are non-transferable, and there is no cash alternative in part or in whole.
- The competition decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
SELECTION OF WINNERS
- Winners will be notified by email no later than 10th February 2015. You will not be notified if you are not a winner.
- If you share your email address or other information by entering the competition, we may occasionally use that information to notify you of future marketing promotions but we will never share your information with any third parties. We will process your data in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
- We do not in any way exclude or limit our liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence, fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation. Subject to the foregoing, DC Thomson Family History excludes all liability under these terms, in contract or tort (including negligence) for any loss, damage, costs and/or expenses, loss of profits, goodwill, consequential, indirect or special losses, howsoever caused in connection with the competition, insofar as we are permitted to do so by law.
- Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions or comments on the competition.
- We reserve the right to change the terms and conditions at any point in time. Any changes will be posted on our website.
- These additional terms are governed by the law of England and Wales, and the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with them or their subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims).
- By entering the competition, all entrants agree to be bound by these rules.