We are so proud to be major sponsors of National Family History Week. With the success of family history just growing and growing it’s great to be involved with spreading the news of this fascinating past time of finding your family history.
National Family History Week is an initiative of AFFHO (Australasian Federation of Family History Organisations). According to the AFFHO “family history is the second biggest subject on the web with sites receiving billions of hits per year. There are over 250,000 Australians who are members of family history related organisations so the week has broad appeal across Australia.”
This week there will be a number of exciting events happening all over Australia covering genealogy, family history, heraldry, family reunions and more! Check out the range of events happening such as seminars, talks, open days, history walks, book launches, film evening and expos. Visit www.familyhistoryweek.org.au for details of events in your area.
How will you celebrate National Family History Week?
Read through some suggestions below. Comment and share with us if you have some more!
• Start your family history – Visit our Help and Advice section on tips to get you started
• Write your personal history life story – if you would like to share it with us we are always excited to read and possibly publish your story. Simply email your story to email@example.com
• Interview a relative about their life story
• Hold a family reunion
• Hold a family or local history talk, seminar or information session
• Get together with your family
• Label your family photos